1.14.2015

Picking up the Pieces...

John Day River, Oregon


Ouch. That loss to Ohio State in the national championship hurt. I spent yesterday in a funk, and that's rare for me. I'm an optimist and, even when things are going badly, my glass is way more than half full.

But this one stings, and it's because I was just so invested in how resilient and talented this group of Oregon football players is. I'm proud of them. 13-2 is a great season, and there's much to be thankful for with this team.

They showed some true grit in overcoming injuries. They rallied together on a march toward greatness and, even though the result in the final game wasn't what we were expecting, they made the state of Oregon proud. 

I woke up today feeling great, and I'm heading out for a run. Got to win every day, and keep pushing that rock up the hill.

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with fishing. I spent most of every summer day knee-deep in the John Day River, attempting to catch every trout between John Day and Mt. Vernon. I learned a lot about myself in that river, and they're important lessons that I cherish to this day.

Be strong. Be smart. Keep working. 

I think this Oregon team understands those same lessons, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for the program. Follow the Oregon way, fellas. We'll be watching, every step of the journey!

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...